The Tag Team loves pasta, and you can’t have pasta without a good sauce! Catheryn is very excited and proud to be a backer of the Kickstarter campaign for I Made Sauce!
Something you may not know about Tag Team President, Catheryn, is that she is a life long fan of The Manhattan Transfer! Catheryn has been attending every local concert since she was a teenager! The entire Tag Team were able to attend this year’s Manhattan Transfer Christmas Concert, what an amazing experience!
Tim Hauser founded The Manhattan Transfer over 40 years ago and is still singing with them today!
Along with his passion for music, Tim has a passion for Italian food! As the tag line of his Kickstarter campaign states: Jazz singer turned chef, Tim Hauser of The Manhattan Transfer wants you to try his premium tomato based Italian style pasta sauces! And we can’t wait to try them! Learn a little more about Tim and his love of Italian food in the video below!
Now is your chance to be a part of this amazing new sauce! Become a backer on the I Made Sauce Kickstarter today!! The campaign is almost funded, you can be the one to put it over top!
Tag UR It! inc. is proud of our business partnership with many Ruth’s Chris Steak House locations nationwide! We have been providing quality name badges and table reserved signs for Steak House locations for the past 3 years.
Until this weekend, the Tag Team members had yet to enjoy the wonderful cuisine and atmosphere of Ruth’s Chris together as a group! Saturday night, the Tag Team enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Irvine, CA Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Upon entering, we were welcomed by their wonderful staff! Sam, our waiter, brought us some warm, soft yummy bread and took our order! We all chose to go with their pre-fixed menu which offers each guest a starter, entrée, personal side dish, and desert duo. I enjoyed a delicious caesar salad to start, followed by perfectly cooked scallops with lump crab meat! Catheryn’s salmon was just as amazing! Heidi enjoyed the star of Ruth’s Chris Steak House, filet mignon and shrimp! Simply wonderful!!
- Our 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ black/white plastic engraved name badge is a popular style among Ruth’s Christ Steak House locations. This simply classic name tag is available with pin or magnetic backing.
- Our 1″ x 3″ Silver Beveled Name Tag with Silver Face is another popular selection. The polished silver edge is complimented perfectly by the brushed silver face. These tags are a great backdrop for any logo! Also available with pin or magnetic backing.
- Our table top reserved signs are quickly becoming a big hit at Ruth’s Christ Steak House locations nationwide! These solid wood blocks feature a gold sublimated front with full color logo. (Also available in silver!) The back of each block holds a slider frame where name plates can be easily switched out to display the names of frequent restaurant parties.
- Award Plaques are another popular Ruth’s Chris Steak House order. We offer custom award plaques in an endless variety of sizes and materials. Contact us today to find out more about options for award plaques for your restaurant, hotel, or business today!
The Tag Team is very thankful for all the amazing things that have happened for Tag UR It! inc. over the last year! We have all been busy engraving, making name tags, and putting together recognition awards everyday! Business is booming, and the entire Tag Team truly enjoy coming to work each day!!
Of course Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks for all we have in our lives. Its a time to spend with friends and family. It is also a time to enjoy some amazing food!! This year, its all about the PIE!! Sometimes, simple is best! I will be making some simple, traditional Thanksgiving pies to brings to dinner this year!
When I think of fall deserts, I immediately think pumpkin pie, apple pie, and pecan pie!
I’m all for an easy traditional pumpkin pie! I’ll be making a version of Pillsbury’s Easy Pumpkin Pie this year! The recipe is so simple and it tastes amazing! I always believe you eat with your eyes first, so a beautiful pie is just as important as how it tastes! This year, I am going to have some fun with pie dough! Nothing says November like some festive fall leaves!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk or half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pre-made or frozen pie crust
1. Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust.
2. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate until serving time. Store in refrigerator.
I also love a classic pecan pie! Growing up, the only pecan pie I knew and loved was the recipe from the back of the Karo Syrup bottle. To this day, I use a variation of that recipe to make a simple, traditional favorite!!
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
3. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
I am just as much of a purist when it comes to apple pie! I love the look of a golden brown lattice topped apple pie! Last year, Catheryn made a beautiful apple pie with a lattice top and cut pie crust fall leaves over the top of the pie! I can’t wait to see what she is able to do this year! My apple pie recipe is pretty traditional with a few extra little additions that I always remember my grandmother adding to her apple pie!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- a pinch of ground allspice
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a splash of apple cider
- 3 pounds of crisp good cooking apples (I love Granny Smith) peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- **2 pre-made, refrigerated pie crusts
- **(1 large egg and 1 tablespoon cream for egg wash)
1.Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
2. In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients (except those with **); spoon into crust-lined pie plate.
3. Roll out second dough disk on floured surface. Cut into twelve 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange 6 strips across pie. Form lattice by arranging 6 strips diagonally across first strips. Gently press ends into crust edges.
4. Brush lattice with egg wash and top with decorative pie crust leaves if you wish!
5. Bake pie 10 minutes. Reduce oven tempurature to 375°F. Continue baking until juices bubble thickly and crust is deep golden, covering edges with foil if browning too quickly, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool on rack 1 hour.
Leave a link to your own Thanksgiving recipe blogs in our comments! Comment and tell us about you own favorite Thanksgiving deserts!!
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone!
Yesterday was national cheeseburger day! Not only do the Tag Team love of a good burger, but cheeseburgers hold a special place in the heart of Tag Team Prez, Catheryn. We all know Catheryn as our fearless leader here at Tag UR It! Inc. As our President/CEO, Catheryn inspires the Tag Team to always be our best! What some may not know about Cathryn TheRtist (as many know her in the art world) is that Catheryn is not only an entrepreneur and leader, but an amazingly talented artist with her paintings displayed nationwide!
“Look into the eyes of Catheryn’s paintings and you will see the soul of the subject. Look into the eyes of this award winning artist and you will see why; she has the soul of an artist. She doesn’t simply recreate an image; she studies the image, garners the personality and the essence of her subject and brings these multifaceted qualities to realization. Catheryn is the surrogate between subject and canvas.” -Perry Steele Patton
Here at Tag UR It! Inc., we find inspiration for new and exciting products in many places! The Cheeseburger Restaurants™ locations in Hawaii have put the Tag Team in a Hawaiian mood and have inspired us to create some awesome surf board shaped name tags! These custom name tags create a fun yet professional look for your staff! Are you looking for a new unique name tag look that represents your company ? Give us a call today! We can create a custom product just for you!
Take a look at some of Catheryn TheRtist’s other amazing works of art!! “Like ” Catheryn’s Art fan page on Facebook to see some of her projects as well!
Tag UR It! Inc. has recently been working with an amazing new company, The Secret Baker! Tag UR It! Inc.‘s talented Art and Graphics Tag Team members have been working with The Secret Baker in order to design and print materials for their delectable baking kits.
The Secret Baker sells complete kits for making all your favorite treats. You can make Chocolate Covered Oreos and Cake Pops like the pros! Their kits include the highest quality ingredients, tools, and step by step instructions to create delicious pieces of art!
Now, you too, can be a Secret Baker! Your friends will be amazed when you share such professional, delectable treats!
Although you may usually see the Tag Team working away on name tags and recognition awards, we are always up for a creative, exciting project! This amazing new company has been a pleasure to work with and we are so excited to show our readers what The Secret Baker has to offer! Check out their website and order your Cake Pop or Chocolate Covered Oreo complete kit today! I know we will be trying out a kit soon!
This month, Tag UR It! Inc. has quadrupled its sales compared to the sales of July 2011! People really do love our high quality products at great low prices! …. And you know what?? Its all good, like cheesecake!
Speaking of cheesecake….
It’s NATIONAL CHEESECAKE DAY!
OK, so I will be the first to admit that this blog post has nothing to do with name tags, engraving, recognition awards, or anything else Tag UR It! Inc. is well known for…. But here is a little known fact about me, Sara, Tag UR It! Inc.’s Director of Sales and Marketing. I LOVE cheesecake! When I realized that today was Nation Cheesecake Day, I couldn’t help but share a few of my favorite takes on cheesecake with the our wonderful blog readers! Here are a few of my favorite variations of your classic cheesecake!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries: What could be better than these little bites of heaven!! A fresh sweet strawberry is a delectable dessert all on its own, but adding a cheesecake filling and graham cracker crumble makes for an irresistible bite sized treat!
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: Red Velvet has made a come back and is the hottest dessert out there right now! A perfect combination of rich chocolate tones in the red velvet, the slight tang of buttermilk, and a perfect classic cheesecake layer, this Red Velvet Cheesecake hits all the right notes!
- Cheesecake Brownies: Now this is a decadent dessert! A gorgeous swirl of creamy cheesecake through rich fudge chocolate brownies. I cant imagine a pan of these lasting very long around me!! I can almost smell the amazing aroma of sweet cheesecake and chocolate just looking at this photo!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake Squares: Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter?!? Now add a little cheesecake into the mix, and you have yourself a fabulous trio of flavors!
- Classic New York Style Cheesecake:Last, but never ever least, is a classic New York style cheesecake. I love all takes on cheesecake, but the classic will always be a winner with me. Add a few strawberries on top and I am in heaven! I tasted me first slice of cheesecake in college and could not believe it took me that long to discover the incredible treasure that is cheesecake! It will forever be my favorite dessert!
A few years ago, I created my own little saying…. “It’s all good, like cheesecake”
It will forever by my motto in life, because life sure is great, just like cheesecake!!
Happy National Cheesecake Day everyone!
What a week for the Tag Team! As a member of the Tag UR It! Inc. team, currently living 3000 miles away from the Tag Headquarters, I was so excited to have the opportunity to spend this week in Southern California. I have spent the last few days with the Tag Team of Catheryn and Heidi, experiencing some of what Southern California has to offer and enjoying some much needed fun.
Day 1: Dinner at the Capital Grille
My first night in sunny California was completed with the best dinner I have ever had. Catheryn and Heidi took me out to the Capital Grille in South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa. I had no idea what a treat I was in for! The Capital Grille’s elegant dining room provided an amazing, sophisticated atmosphere. We were seated next to the wine room, able to admire the many varieties of bottled wines in their glassed in center room. After being seated, our wonderful server came over and introduced himself. Of course, we looked upon his name tag and learned his name was Lorn before he even had a chance to open his mouth. Lorn could not have been a more perfect host during our dinner. His recommendation of the Lobster Mac-N-Cheese was spot on! I am a Rhode Island girl and have had quite a bit of lobster in my life. I can definitely say this was one of the best dishes I have ever had! The dish is made of a baked Campanelle pasta and fresh Lobster meat, tossed in a Mascarpone, Havarti and Grana Padano cream sauce, topped with Panko bread crumbs and grated white cheddar. (www.thecapitalgrille.com) It is listed as a side dish but we shared an order as an appetizer before our amazing main courses. Lorn was so helpful and friendly, making our dinner and experience one to remember. It wasn’t until after our amazing meal that I realized that the Capital Grille has locations nationwide, including one in my home state of Rhode Island. I will surely be visiting the Providence location upon my return home! I am already craving another serving of Lobster Mac-N-Cheese.
Day 2: Disneyland!
I have always been a princess at heart. Yesterday was a truly magical day. The Tag Team was in major need of a happy, excitement filled day. Our day in Disneyland was picture perfect! The sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky! Catheryn and Heidi picked me up bright and early to arrive at the park before it opened. As the opening music filled the air and the gates opened to the firsts guests of the day, we rushed in and ran to our first ride! By 10am we had been on the 5 biggest rides and were eating breakfast! After enjoying a Mickey Mouse shaped pancake, we were in search of another new and exiting ride to check out. I noticed the big yellow submarines of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and was intrigued. There was a 75-90 minute wait so we decided to ask about obtaining a fast pass. A very kind cast member named Robert came over to us and asked if he could answer our questions. He asked me where I was from and Catheryn told him that I was visiting Disneyland for the first time. He informed us that the Submarine Voyage did not accept fast pass and of course we were a little bummed out, which he could probably tell from my face. I was having such a great day, I would have waited in the 90 minute line and have been thrilled to ride the submarine! But instead, Robert asked us if we had ever heard of a Magical Moment. A Magical Moment can be granted by any member of the Disneyland cast. Robert gave Catheryn, Heidi, and I each Disneyland badges and escorted us around the line of hundreds of park guests waiting to ride the submarine. He granted us a Magical Moment as we skipped the line and had a great time with Nemo and his friends exploring deep under the ocean on our Submarine Voyage. What an amazing experience! Definitely a memory I will never forget!
A name tag creates a memory. Two amazing memories were created with the help of two amazing staff members we encountered in the last two days. It is because of the name tags each of those staff members wore that we were able to make a personal connection with Lorn and Robert and will remember the two staff members who made our dinner at the Capital Grille and our trip to Disneyland so very special this week.
When I see a product I haven’t seen before, I just have to try it!
Today I noticed Duff’s cake decorating supplies at Michael’s Crafts. Of course I was drawn to the beautiful teal colored cake tattoos and icing immediately! Not only is teal the Tag UR It! inc. color, it happens to be my favorite color as well!